A limited number of visa applicants may qualify for emergency visa interview appointments. To obtain an emergency appointment you must satisfy one or more of the criteria listed below.
- immediate emergencies
- Business to
What you need to consider:
If you believe you qualify for an emergency appointment, please read the following points carefully, before you apply for an emergency appointment:
- In order to initiate your request for an emergency appointment, you must first have applied for a regular appointment.
- You must have documentary evidence to prove that you satisfy one or more of the criteria for an emergency appointment. (See above.)
- If the consular officer finds you misrepresented your reason for travel to the U.S., a record of the misrepresentation goes in your case file and may adversely influence the outcome of your current and future visa applications
- If the consular officer determines you do not have a genuine emergency, as defined by the criteria above, the officer will ask you to come back on your regular appointment date.
- Once you obtain an emergency appointment, you are treated as a normal visa applicant; you must qualify for a U.S. visa in every respect
- The Visa Application Fee is nonrefundable
If you believe you meet the above stated criteria for an emergency visa appointment, email a full explanation of your circumstances to AntanVisa@state.gov and an official will make a determination as to your qualification for an emergency appointment.