Vacant Position: Unpaid Internship Opportunity with the Community Liaison Office
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 004-2023
The U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo is offering one (1) unpaid internship opportunity with the Community Liaison Office (CLO). Details about this internship are provided below.
Major duties or projects:
- Information management: update materials and literature for the community
- Communication Outreach: assist with managing the CLO Facebook page
- Maintain records and files
- Manage the CLO library and DVD collection
- Events Planning: assist with organizing events for the community
- Other tasks as assigned
Scope of work:
The internship involves working with the Community Liaison Office team and Management Officer on resource materials, trainings, and events and providing assistance to other teams as needed.
Qualification requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- At least one year of post-secondary study in management, marketing, tourism, or liberal arts
- English level 3 (Good Working Knowledge); Language skills will be tested.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Experience with email, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Must have a good working knowledge of Madagascar culture, geography, and climate.
- Willingness to be flexible and learn.
Work schedule: 40 hours/week
Duration of the internship: Three months to one year
Start date of the internship: As soon as medical and security clearance are granted.
Designated staff member(s) to mentor/supervise the intern: The Administrative Assistant/CLO
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your applications to email@example.com no later than COB September 26, 2023, and as email subject: CLO Intern Application_Your Full Name.
Application form can be downloaded from here
N.B: The following documentation must be attached as part of the application package, before the application may be considered:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of the National Identity Card
- Copies of each degree, diploma, and/or certificate(s) mentioned in the application.
Any incomplete applications or applications received after close of business (COB) September 26, 2023 will not be eligible for consideration.