Unpaid internship at the American Corner Taolagnaro
The U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo is offering two (2) unpaid internship opportunities within the American Corner Taolagnaro. Details about this internship are provided below:
Major duties or projects:
- Assisting in the planning, organizing, and implementing American Corner Taolagnaro live and virtual programs
- conducting routine office tasks needed for the team’s efficient operations
- Managing the American Corner’s social media properties and coordinating with the social media platforms of the American Corner
- Assisting with receiving and inventory management
- Other tasks as assigned
Scope of work:
The internship involves working with the American Corner Taolagnaro Coordinator on live and virtual programs and assisting with the planning, organizing, and staffing of programs, trainings, and events at the American Corner.
Qualification requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Completion of 03 year university studies communication, social sciences, or liberal arts.
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and spoken English. English will be tested
- Sound organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Willingness to be flexible and learn.
Minimum of 20 hours a week and up to 8 hours/day for 40 hours/week
Duration of the internship:
Six months to one year
Start date of the internship:
As soon as medical and security clearance are granted.
Designated staff member(s) to mentor/supervise the intern:
American Spaces Program Specialist.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than COB October 04, 2023, and as email subject: American Corner Taolagnaro -Your Full Name.
Application form can be downloaded from here
N.B: The following documentation must be attached as part of the application package, before the application may be considered:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of the National Identity Card
- Copies of each degree, diploma, and/or certificate(s) mentioned in the application.
Any incomplete applications or applications received after close of business (COB) October 04, 2023 will not be eligible for consideration.