March 18, 2020 – Further restrictions announced by President Azali to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Further list of measures taken to combat the spread of COVID-19:
- Sea travel between islands is suspended until further notice. This measure particularly affects travel on board the Kwassa-Kwassa, between the four islands.
- All sporting events will be played behind closed doors in all sports arenas.
- Bus travel will be strictly regulated.
- Activities in public markets will be subject to specific regulations.
- Travelers from all countries considered “at risk countries” will be strictly quarantined, for a period of at least fourteen days.
- Prefects, mayors, heads of villages and local community, as well as police and gendarmerie, as well as the naval forces, are each requested, to ensure the strict application of these measures.
- A hotline number has been set up: 1717 for people to get information about COVID-19.
- Visits to the El-Maarouf hospital center are strictly prohibited from Thursday, March 19 until further notice.