American Resident in Madagascar

  1. Emergency Assistance
  2. American Resident in Madagascar
  3. Voter Registration

In order to obtain a resident permit in Madagascar, the Malagasy government requires a police certificate from the United States.  The Embassy is not able to provide such a certificate.  However, procedures do exist for obtaining a police certificate from the FBI while living abroad.  In order to do so you must send and submit your fingerprints and a check or money order for $18 to the FBI.  Please read the  information from the FBI on how to obtain your criminal record please see this site( and follow the instructions.