Americans Resident in Madagascar

In order to obtain a resident permit in Madagascar, the Malagasy government requires a police certificate from the United States.  The Embassy is not able to provide such a certificate. However, procedures do exist for obtaining a police certificate from the FBI while living abroad. In order to do so you must submit your fingerprints and a check or money order for $14 to the FBI. More information about obtaining police certificates domestically can be found here. For more information from the FBI on how to obtain your criminal record please see this site.

There is no charge for having your fingerprints taken at the Embassy. Click here to schedule an appointment for this service.