Location: Morandava, Madagascar
There are several reports of violent demonstrations in Morondava. A curfew has been initiated from 08:00PM until dawn until further notice in Morondava. Malagasy law enforcement officials have indicated that they will be verifying identification documents.
Actions to Take:
- Carry proper identification at all times, including a U.S. passport with a current Malagasy visa.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
U.S. Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar
(261) 20 23 48000/01
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates