Location: Throughout the three islands of the Union of the Comoros
Event: The Union of the Comoros is experiencing gunfire, political unrest, and infrastructure disruptions. US Government personnel have been ordered to depart the country.
Actions to take:
- Reconsider travel to the Union of Comoros.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Make contingency plans to leave
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar
+261 2023 48000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Comoros Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency number for the U.S. Embassy/Consulate is: +261 34-49-328-54