Location: Throughout Anjouan and Moheli, Comoros
Event: Upcoming elections raise the potential for internal travel disruption in the Union of the Comoros. In such an event, roads may be blocked and travel off of the islands may become impossible. Embassy employees are prohibited from conducting non-official travel to Anjouan and Moheli from March 22, 2019 to March 26, 2019.
Actions to take:
- Reconsider travel to the Islands of Anjouan and Moheli, in the Union of Comoros.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar
(261) 20 23 48000/01
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Madagascar Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency number for the U.S. Embassy/Consulate is: +261 34-49-328-54
“Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.”