The United States Peace Corps/Madagascar is recruiting for:
ONE (1) PROGRAMMING AND TRAINING ASSISTANT FOR HEALTH (PTA/HE)
The Programming and Training Assistant (PTA) for the Health Project reports to the Program Manager and supports the Health Team, in 1) Volunteer support and training (cultural, technical, professional, and personal), 2) identification and development of Volunteer work sites,3) project monitoring and evaluation, and 4) other administrative support duties.
- License (Bacc + 3) degree in health, midwifery, nursing, nutrition, social work, development, or other relevant field related to public health plus three years progressive work experience in nursing, public health, nutrition, or social work Or Bacc + 2inthe above fields plus at least five years progressive work experience in public health, nutrition, or social work.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and facilitating trainings or events for diverse groups of people
- Experience working with Malagasy government officials (especially within the Ministry of Health), NGO representatives, or representatives of private voluntary organizations in the public health field;
- Excellent spoken and written Malagasy, and proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel extensively within Madagascar, including overnight, by auto, train and /or airplane as convenient for the Peace Corps. (The PTA travels outside Tana approximately 55% of the year)
- Ability to pass a background check conducted by the United States EmbassyProficiency using MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in working with Americans or other foreigners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including coaching, public speaking, and the ability to motivate adults.
- Good command of Malagasy culture(s), and the ability to de-code and analyze it for foreigners.
- A commitment to support diversity and gender equity.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, especially in a fast-paced and fluid work environment.
Interested applicants may go to https://www.peacecorps.gov/madagascar/contracts for additional information.
Applications must be RECEIVED by February 4, 2022 by 04:00 PM, local time.
Applicants must submit their application packets (Format pdf) by email to MG-Jobs@peacecorps.gov
Please include “Ref: PTA HE” in the subject line of the e-mail
To be considered, all applications must include the following :
- A letter of interest (in English) along with a CV containing the contact information of 3 professional references and addressing the required qualifications,
- A certified photocopy of the ID card, and
- Copies of all certificates related to the qualifications needed for this position.
Applicants with high potential will be asked to come for an interview at the Peace Corps office.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Peace Corps reserves the right to consider applications from this announcement within the next six months