PEACE CORPS MADAGASCAR: One (1) General Service Assistant/Fleet Manager (GSA)
The United States Peace Corps/Madagascar is recruiting for: ONE (1) GENERAL SERVICE ASSISTANT/FLEET MANAGER (GSA)
The General Services Assistant (GSA)/Fleet Manager is a full-time position reporting directly to the General Services Manager. A primary role of this GSA position is that of managing all aspects of Peace Corps Madagascar’s fleet of approximately 14 vehicles, including overseeing vehicle procurement, maintenance and disposal. The GSA is required to be well-versed in US government rules around vehicle use and ensure that Peace Corps staff follow them. S/he also assumes a variety of other responsibilities as part of the General Services team including: supervising drivers, assisting with fleet and non-fleet related procurement, playing a lead role in office inventory, managing volunteer shipments, overseeing volunteer equipment, serving as acting GS Manager during absences, and other related duties as required to support the success of Peace Corps Madagascar. The GSA is a multi-functional position that requires flexibility, detail orientation and teamwork. Preference will be given to applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of Madagascar.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (Licence) in administration, finance or related field
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in vehicle, inventory and/or logistics management or closely related field
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in using Outlook (email), Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Malagasy and in French or English
- Good command of English is required with the ability to improve on the job
- Valid Malagasy driver’s license B
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- One year or more in a supervisory role
- Previous experience working in an international or multi-cultural environment
- Previous work experience working for the US government (USG) or for a USG contractor
- Training in or experience in auto mechanics
Interested applicants should go to https://www.peacecorps.gov/madagascar/contracts for additional information.
Applications must be received by November 4, 2022, by 4:00 PM, local time.
Applicants must submit their application packets (in PDF format) by email to MG-Jobs@peacecorps.gov
All attachments must be in PDF format and must not exceed 4 MB for one email.
Please include “Ref: GSA” in the subject line of the e-mail.
To be considered, all applications must include the following:
- A letter of interest (in English) along with a CV (in English and containing the contact information of 3 professional references) addressing the required qualifications.
- A photocopy of the ID card; and
- Copies of all degrees and certificates related to the qualifications needed for this position.
Applicants with high potential will be asked to come for an interview at the Peace Corps office. Interviews will be conducted in English. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.