Event: On May 30, the Government of Madagascar extended the State of Health Emergency for another 14 days. Flights in and out of the country remain suspended. The U.S. Embassy in Madagascar continues to track possible extraordinary flights for U.S. citizens who wish to depart Madagascar. While no seats are available on additional flights at this time, U.S. citizens in possession of valid U.S. passports who are interested and prepared to travel should email the requested information below to ANTANACS@state.gov.
Please submit the following for each family member who would like to travel:
- Name as it appears on passport
- Date of Birth
- Contact number in Madagascar
- Location in Madagascar
- Names of traveling companions
- Any special considerations
- Amount of notice required
Please indicate if you are prepared to travel with short notice. All flights to date have left from Antananarivo so please know that if a short notice flight arises you would need to get to Antananarivo. If you are not able to travel with short notice, please advise the amount of notice you would need.
If a flight is confirmed, the U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo will email logistical information, including how to reserve a seat on the flight, only to persons who express interest through emailing the requested information. U.S. citizens in possession of a valid U.S. passport, please read below for the next steps:
- U.S. citizens who have already expressed interest, we have received your interest, no further action is required. Continue to monitor your email for further details.
- U.S. citizens who have previously stated you wish to remain in Madagascar but now would like to leave, please advise by emailing ANTANACS@state.gov .
- U.S. citizens who have expressed interest, but are no longer interested, please email us at ANTANACS@state.gov to notify us that you are no longer interested.
- U.S. citizens who have not contacted the Embassy but want to join a flight, please provide the requested information now to express your interest. You must complete the requested information for each family member in your group.Please note that all passengers will need to pay the airline or reimburse the U.S. government for the flight, and you must sign a promissory note before boarding if not paying the airline directly. Individuals on any potential flight may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements, and existing DHS entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.Actions to Take
- Comply with all host country measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United StatesAssistance:
- US. Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar
(+261) 20 23 480 00
(+261) 20 23 480 00 (after hours)
Lot 207 A – Andranoro – Antehiroka
105 Antananarivo – Madagascar
- State Department—Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Madagascar Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter