ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 002/19
The U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo is seeking one (1) unpaid intern to serve in the Public Affairs Section/Program. Following are the details about this internship.
Major duties or projects:
- Assist the Program Unit in running youth programs, including but not limited to YALI initiatives and Program Alumni engagement.
- Update contacts in the Program Unit database.
- Assist in managing hard copies of grant files for PAS.
- Research and track stories and reports related to programs. Findings will be used for newsletter, online outreach and reports.
- Compile information related to programs and events organized by the Programs Unit (get quotes for event, etc.).
- Clerical jobs related to programs: draft and compile guest list for events; send and confirm invitations, book rooms for meetings, escort visitors, draft schedules and files for the Program Unit.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Scope of work:
The work includes teaming up with the Program Specialist on programs-related issues. This includes assisting in designing, organizing events and implementing projects led by the Program Unit, maintaining and updating contacts and the Alumni database, and other clerical jobs as assigned.
Qualification requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities):
At least three years University studies or bachelor equivalent in English, Public Relations, Communication, Political Science or International Relations, Social Development, Management, Marketing;
Ability to use computer for Word processing and Excel; ready for team work; prepared to work under pressure and on call during weekend
Number of hours per day and per week (up to a maximum of 40 hours/week):
Minimum of 20 hours a week and up to 8 hours/day for 40 hours/week
Duration of the internship:
Three months to one year
Start date of the internship:
April 15, 2019 or when appropriate clearances are received
Designated staff member(s) to mentor/supervise the intern:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please address your applications to the U.S. Embassy Human Resources Office, Lot 207 A Point Liberty Andranoro Antananarivo no later than COB February 26, 2019 OR
Applications may also be e-mailed to the following address: AntananarivoEmbHRO@state.gov and should not contain more than 3 files.
N.B: The following documentation must be attached as part of the application package before the application may be considered:
– Copy of the National Identity Card (For Malagasy citizens)
– Copies of each degree, diploma, and/or certificate mentioned in the application.
Any incomplete applications or applications received after COB February 15, 2019 will not be eligible for consideration.