Location: Madagascar, country-wide
Event: There is an outbreak of measles across Madagascar. The CDC has issued a Travel Notice for Madagascar with detailed information regarding the outbreak. There have been more than 82,905 cases of the disease in which 622 deaths are confirmed and 304 suspected as of 2/21/19.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDCTravelers Health Page
- Make sure you are fully vaccinated
- Monitor local media for updates
- U.S. Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar
(261) 20 23 48000/01
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Madagascar Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.