After 11 weeks of intensive language and cross-cultural training, a new class 23 Peace Corps volunteers was sworn in at the Retaj hotel, Moroni, yesterday. The Chargé d’affairs, along with Peace Corps Comoros Country Director, Randa Wilkinson, led the swearing-in ceremony, which was attended by volunteers, their host families, the media and representatives of the Comorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education. The volunteers performed a traditional Comorian dance called “Dandarou” and three volunteers made remarks in the local dialects of Ngazidja, Moheli and Anjouan, on behalf of their colleagues.
Reports on Comoros
- 2018 Comoros Trafficking in Persons Report
- 2017 International Religious Freedom Report for 2017
- 2017 Comoros Human Rights Report (PDF 102K)
– French (PDF 367K)
- 2016 COMOROS International Religious Freedom Report (PDF 62K)
– French (PDF 110K)
- 2017 Comoros Trafficking in Persons Report (PDF 85K)
– French (PDF 95K)
- 2016 Comoros Trafficking in Persons Report (PDF 195K)
- 2014 Comoros International Religious Freedom Report (PDF 23K)
News and Events
- During the July 4th reception, Ambassador Yamate referenced the first commercial treaty between the United States and present-day Comoros in 1879. In the 138 years since, the relationship between our nations has grown and blossomed. Happy Independence Day!
Assistant Secretary for African Affairs Linda Thomas-Greenfield to visit the Comoros
The Embassy of the United States is pleased to announce the visit in the Comoros of Mrs. Linda Thomas-Greenfield, Assistant Secretary for African Affairs, on January 8 and 9, 2016. While in Comoros she will meet with the President of the Union of Comoros, Ikililou Dhoinine, and other senior-level officials.
Six volontaires du corps de la paix ont prêté serment, jeudi, s’engageant à servir le pays en enseignant la langue anglaise et la protection de l’environnement.
Dans leur serment, ces six jeunes Américains, qui vont commencer à travailler dès ce mois de mars, se sont engagés à servir le pays avec humilité, passion et dans le respect.