PEACE CORPS COMOROS
Route de la Corniche
Moroni, Union of Comoros,
The United States Peace Corps seeks qualified candidates for the position of Driver Mechanic for their office in Moroni, Comoros.
POSITION SUMMARY: The driver /mechanic is supervised/coordinated directly by the General Services Manager (GSM), and is under the overall management of the Director of Management and Operations (DMO). The driver/mechanic’s basic functions are driver and messenger: serving as driver for Peace Corps Volunteers, Trainees, staff, and other authorized passengers for official business purposes, delivering/collecting daily correspondence from Peace Corps contacts, and performing other tasks requiring transportation . Additionally, he/she performs daily checks as per a checklist for all assigned vehicles including ensuring road-worthiness of each of the vehicle, weekly maintenance checks as per a checklist for all assigned vehicles, and performs routine maintenance and repairs as needed on vehicles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Education: Motor Vehicle Diploma/Full Technician’s Certificate from a reputable institution.
- Experience: At least three years of vehicle mechanic experience required preferably within diplomatic, expatriate or tourism communities.
- Proven ability to operate a range of vehicles, including but not limited to: 4WD, minibuses or mini vans, pickup trucks.
- Proven ability to operate vehicles with manual or automatic transmission.
- Proven ability to drive on a wide range of road conditions and in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Familiarity with major and minor roads in Grande Comore.
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal working hours, e.g. weekends, holidays, nights with prior approval, and emergencies.
- Maintenance of valid driver’s license and successfully passing of annual physical exam. In addition successful completion of the Smith Driving Course biannually.
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English and French language.
The full vacancy announcement, Scope of Work and the application form (OF174) are available by sending a request to email@example.com
The position is open to Comorians, and Third Country Nationals holding a valid work permit for Comoros. Interested and qualified applicants for this position should submit the following:
- Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
- A current CV and application form OF174 completed in English and+3 professional references;
- Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
- Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casier Judiciaire”
All applications are required electronically and in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Driver Mechanic” in the subject line no later than 17:30 by Friday, September 8, 2017. Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.