Location: City Hall on Independence Avenue in downtown Antananarivo.
A large political rally will gather in front of City Hall in downtown Antananarivo on Independence Avenue on Saturday, December 29th from 9:00AM to approximately 3:00PM. The event may cause heavy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. U.S. citizens are strongly advised to avoid this area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the Coliseum in Antananarivo near the Ivandry neighborhood.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar
(261) 20 23 48000/01
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Madagascar Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.