The U.S. Embassy in Madagascar and Comoros, located in Antananarivo, is offering an unpaid internship opportunity within the Cultural Affairs team of the Public Diplomacy Section.
- Major duties or projects:
- Assisting in the planning, logistics, and staffing of programs, trainings, and events
- Drafting and revising print and online materials and content for programs, trainings, and events
- Updating contacts for the PD section for different platforms such as CRM, alumni archive, etc
- Researching and tracking stories and reports related to PD programs. Findings will be used for online outreach and reports.
- Conducting routine office tasks needed for the team’s efficient operations
- Other tasks as assigned
- Scope of work:
- The internship involves working with the Cultural Affairs team on educational and cultural programs, exchanges, trainings, events, alumni engagement, and providing assistance to other teams as needed.
- Qualification requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Completion of 03 year university studies in social sciences or liberal arts
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and spoken English
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Experience with email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Willingness to be flexible and learn.
- *The below skills are recommended:
- Skills/experience in social media management, graphic design, webinar/workshop/event arrangement
- Number of hours per day and per week (up to a maximum of 40 hours/week):
- Minimum of 20 hours a week and up to 8 hours/day for 40 hours/week
- Duration of the internship (not to exceed one year):
- One year, starting as soon as all clearances are completed
- Designated staff member(s) to mentor/supervise the intern:
- Jessica Rambinintsoa, Administrative lead in Public Diplomacy section
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject : Intern_Cultural Affairs no later than COB October 20, 2021.
N.B: The following documentation must be attached as part of the application package before the application may be considered:
- Copy of the National Identity Card (For Malagasy citizens)
- Copies of each degree, diploma, and/or certificate mentioned in the application.
Any incomplete applications or applications received after COB October 20, 2021 will not be eligible for consideration.