Location: Morondava, Madagascar
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo advises U.S. citizens of several reports of violent crimes in Morondava, including the avenue of the baobabs. During the time around National Day, there is often an increase in crime in this popular tourist location.
Actions to Take
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Carry proper identification at all times, including a U.S. passport with a current Malagasy visa. Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.