The U.S. Embassy in Madagascar and Comoros is pleased to offer awards for a full-time study towards a master’s degree at a higher education institution in the United States for 2022-2023 academic year. The Fulbright funding is limited to TWO years.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is designed primarily to strengthen African universities and other institutions through graduate-level training.
To be eligible for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, applicants must:
- Be citizen or national of Madagascar or in the Union of the Comoros currently residing in their home country.
- Hold a “Maîtrise” degree, M-1 with a degree, or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in the field of specialization. Please note a four-year degree is required; a certificate for completion of four university years will NOT be accepted.
- Have an English proficiency sufficient to realistically accomplish full-time graduate-level study in the U.S.
- Have outstanding academic records, references, and experience in the chosen field;
- Be highly motivated and committed to completing the program and returning home.
- Have no extensive or recent experience in the United States.
Applications must be completed and submitted online before March 19, 2021. The application can be found at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates are advised to apply early and to ensure that all necessary documentation is received in a timely fashion. This includes all transcripts of university studies showing grades, certified copies of all university diplomas, and four letters of reference. At least three letters of reference should be from university faculty who can attest to the quality of the candidate’s university study and academic potential. If degrees and transcripts are not in English, official translations must be provided.
Applicants should investigate the programs in their fields offered by U.S. universities and have a clear idea of the type of program of study desired.
Required Standard Examinations
All applicants will be notified after the U.S. Embassy has reviewed all applications. ONLY Fulbright finalists will take the TOEFL, GRE, and/or GMAT tests at the Embassy’s expense.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a language test required of all foreign students whose native language is not English. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a general ability test, which indicates a candidate’s aptitude for graduate-level study. Both TOEFL and GRE are administered in Madagascar and the Embassy’s EducationUSA office will provide finalists with access to test preparation materials.
Management students are usually required to take the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). Since the GMAT is not offered in Madagascar, finalists selected for a degree program requiring the GMAT will be asked to take the GRE instead.